Web development process never stops, and implementation of new technologies always keeps the development work at pace. There are various technologies are being used by web developers for the web development. Joomla framework is one of the easy to use technologies for web development.
Joomla is powerful open source content management system and helps in management of web applications according to requirement. Joomla is written on PHP and it has many features that help in web development. It helps in page catching to improve performance, web indexing; RSS feeds printable versions of pages, news flashes, blogs, forums, polls, calendars, website searching, and language internationalization. Joomla is very popular system in the web world due to its flexible, simple, elegant, customizable and powerful properties.
Joomla has shown presence with its first version called Joomla 1.0 three years ago on September 16, 2005 and presently the Joomla 1.5 beta is in market. Joomla 1.5 is one of the products of open source management system and taken care by the Joomla community. It is latest version by the Joomla community. It is very easy to use technology for the developers and it provides more power and simplicity. It is great system that provides more freedom of integration, operation, controlled output and user authentication. Joomla 1.5 beta provides high flexibility to develop anything to developers in other words we can say boon for developers. Joomla use to provide unified and easy to use framework for delivering content for all kinds of websites in the web development process.
Few Important features of Joomla 1.5
- It can be run on PHP 5 also compatibility with 4.3 version of PHP
- More refined administrator
- Simplified main menu is provided
- More language packs are available
- All extensions can be made by single installer
- More storing capacity for images, documents, presentations etc
- Media can be viewed in Icons and List formats
Facilities for template designers
- Joomla allows typical table heavy output where as Joomla 1.5 will allow custom layouts
- Ability to create custom module chrome
- New template managers are introduced with ability to edit any CSS file for the template. This is to facilitate template designers to design template in such a way so that customers can change settings from within template manager interface.